Take heed to this episode of the Make it British Podcast (33:04)
Shanna Bent is the founding father of the acutely aware style model Maison Bent.
Having beforehand labored with Alexander McQueen, Roland Mouret, Agent Provocateur, in 2019 Shanna arrange her personal luxurious label, with a willpower to bust the parable that black designers simply do streetwear.
She’s had quite a lot of success in a brief area of time, from displaying at London Trend Week to capturing the eye of the press and that includes in publications equivalent to Vogue Italia.
On this interview, she talks about the best way to get press in your style model and the way her Jamaican grandparents who got here to the UK throughout the Windrush period, have impacted her outlook on life and enterprise.
- [04:38] Shanna’s business background working for a few of the greatest names in style
- [07:29] How Shanna first launched her model again in 2016
- [10:51] How information tendencies and making connections gained press and publicity for Maison Bent
- [13:35] How Shanna is breaking down the misconceptions about black-owned style manufacturers
- [15:14] The impact Shanna’s Jamaican grandparents have on her outlook on life and her enterprise
- [17:12] Why Shanna believes that luxurious and sustainability ought to go hand in hand
- [19:13] Why Shanna is wanting to make use of plant-based fibres for her assortment items
- [22:01] The rental service that Maison Bent presents straight from their web site
- [25:44] How Shanna works straight together with her manufactures
- [30:22] Shanna’s future targets for Maison Bent and why she believes folks needs to be extra educated about how clothes are made
Extra Maison Bent