Take heed to this episode of the Make it British Podcast (45:26)
Charlotte Raffo is the founding father of The Monkey Puzzle Tree, a homeware enterprise that creates award-winning, artist-designed materials and wallpapers with a twist and a conscience.
Working with artists and designers to supply essentially the most lovely assortment of merchandise, Charlotte’s model makes all the things inside a hundred-mile radius of Leeds.
The enterprise has additionally just lately gained two awards for its design and innovation – a Guildmark for his or her cork wallpaper, and ‘Greatest in British Product Design’ award on the Brit Checklist Awards.
- [03:02] Charlotte’s background and why she arrange her personal enterprise
- [10:20] How the model works with native artists
- [12:01] Why Charlotte chooses to not observe traits and work with artists with distinctive types
- [14:41] How Charlotte goes about deciding on the materials, processes and producers to make use of to make her merchandise
- [23:37] The commerce exhibits Charlotte attends and why she sees that as an necessary method to market her enterprise
- [32:54] Why Charlotte believes it’s important to put money into your enterprise for the long run
- [42:05] How the identify of the model took place
Extra The Monkey Puzzle Tree