Hearken to this episode of the Make it British Podcast (19:43)
At the moment we’re happening a visit to Leicester to satisfy the household behind textile agency Shahtex.
The blokes at Shahtex are consultants in round knitting. Up till lately, they’ve been knitting materials for giant on-line retailers
Shahtex have now invested in 4 state-of-the-art round knitting machines, the primary of their sort within the UK. These machines allow the manufacturing unit to supply seamless clothes, the likes of which you’d have needed to go to Europe for earlier than to get made.
On this interview, I chat with Tejas and Pramod Shah at their manufacturing unit in Leicester about why they determined to purchase the machines and the way they plan to vary the repute of the Leicestershire textile business.
- [03:28] When Tejas and his father arrange the enterprise and what’s modified since
- [06:20] Why Shatex have invested in new round seamless knitting machines
- [08:57] Who Shatex wish to work with to supply higher high quality clothes
- [11:12] Why Shatex have greater minimal order portions
- [13:58] How Shatex is aiming to run the entire manufacturing line underneath one roof
- [16:33] The place Shatex goals to be within the subsequent 5 years