Hearken to this episode of the Make it British Podcast (29:29)
Be a part of me on a visit to Leicester to fulfill Stated Saleh and Keith Cummings from Mars Knitwear.
Primarily based in Wigston, Leicestershire, the chaps at Mars have been making knitwear for over 30 years.
Having been manufacturing hundreds of items of acrylic knitwear for the massive retailer teams, Mars has now gone again to creating smaller portions of premium knitwear from British wool, lambswool and merino.
They even now have their very own model.
As a particular thanks, Mars are providing 15% off their total web site for Make it British podcast listeners! So be sure that to nab your self a bit of premium knitwear simply in time for the festive season!
Use code makeitbritishpodcast on the checkout.
- [04:08] How Stated received into the knitwear trade
- [07:37] Keith’s personal historical past throughout the knitwear trade and the way he got here to work with Stated
- [10:20] Why Stated determined that his manufacturing unit would begin making increased high quality knitwear
- [14:25] How the producer has been capable of pivot their enterprise to promoting their very own branded merchandise on-line
- [18:11] How Mars decides on what their subsequent merchandise are going to be and the way they keep watch over traits
- [19:52] Keith and Stated’s ideas on recycled yarns and pure fibres
- [22:25] Keith and Stated’s plans for the way forward for Mars and their thought on the way forward for the UK knitwear trade
- [25:22] Why the most important downside producers face is getting expert employees and why Keith and Stated consider extra younger folks ought to work in factories