Hearken to this episode of the Make it British Podcast (55:01)
Monika Younger is the founder and artistic director of Monika the Label – a sustainable vogue model impressed by 70s California and made within the UK.
On this episode, Monika tells the story of how she arrange and her model, and what actions she took when she found her unique designs and prints being copied by fast-fashion on-line retailers.
- [04:12] How Monika’s expertise as a vogue purchaser lead her to query the business and pushed her to start out her personal clothes model
- [11:21] How having provider points along with her materials was truly a blessing in disguise
- [19:24] What sluggish vogue means to Monika
- [24:17] The the explanation why Monika believes there are such a lot of extra advantages to UK manufacturing that offsets the extra value
- [26:14] Why Monika makes certain she invests within the high quality of her merchandise
- [29:58] How Monika found her prints had been being copied by massive vogue manufacturers
- [38:16] The quantity of assist Monika obtained by sharing her expertise on social media
- [41:28] How Monika is coping with the problem of getting the copies taken down and the way her model has come out on prime
- [45:13] Why Monika’s opinion modifications about whether or not shoppers usually tend to buy from manufacturers with a function
- [50:00] The long run plans for Monika the Label to be able to work in direction of being extra sustainable
- [52:11] How sticking to your values and staying true to your self is Monika’s one piece of recommendation to different model house owners
Extra Monika the Label